This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how the FIREHOUSE uses your data; for example we will explain things such as our credit checking procedure, and how we combine data across the FIREHOUSE to build a picture of you.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
Protecting Your Privacy
You have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
- the right to ask what personal data we hold about you
- the right to ask us to move, delete, update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data, that we hold about you
- the right to ask us to restrict processing and the right to object to processing regarding the personal data that we hold about you
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling about automated decisions
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you (please scroll to the bottom of an email you’ve received and click on ‘unsubscribe’ to stop receiving emails from us or contact customer services to amend your customer preferences)
- If you need to contact us about data privacy, then please contact our Data Protection Officer. Please send your concerns or correspondence to the following address:
Data Protection Officer
HR Department Lakestone Heating Ltd
Kentmill, Beezon Fields,
FIREHOUSE, or third party data processors acting on our behalf, may collect and use the following personal data that you provide us:
- Personal details such as name, age, date of birth, and gender
- Contact details including your phone number, email address, postal address including billing and delivery addresses
- Payment card details in the event that you place an order with us
- Your purchase and order history
- Your browsing activity on the FIREHOUSE websites
- Preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Publically available data including those shared on public platforms, this can also include details shared with us while communicating with our social media teams
- Personal details given to us during the creation of a Gift Card
- We will not retain your data for any longer than necessary unless required by a legal obligation
Why We Collect Your Data, is to provide you with a streamlined, easy-to-use customer experience and is necessary for:
- The pursuit of Legitimate Interests.
- Contractual necessity engaging in commerce regarding products and services
- Compliance with Legal Obligations
- Contacting you about special offers, promotions, and products or services using the lawful basis of Consent. If you would like to change or withdraw your email marketing consent choices, please update your account details; see ‘my account’ at www.firehouse-uk.com, and amend your preferences
Below is how we use the data you share with us:
- To verify your identity when you shop with us
- For market research to provide you with more products you love
- To allow our customer service representatives to interact with you should you need them
- For the prevention and detection of fraud and crime, and related purposes
- With your consent, to contact you about special offers, promotions, and products or services that we feel you might be interested in
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- For instances when we have a legal duty or right to use or disclose your information, for example in legal disputes or when required by a local authority for an investigation
- To monitor and improve the FIREHOUSE websites
- In the event that you purchase through the FIREHOUSE websites, we will send you an email request which will enable you to review your order
- For analysis reporting, financial processing , risk management, legal obligations, and monitoring for our day-to-day business
- To provide an e-Receipt for store purchases, if you request one
Shared Data and Third Parties
We may also disclose any personal data you allow us to collect to third parties in instances such as those below:
- If you purchase goods from FIREHOUSE, we may have to disclose your details to our third party service providers to enable your order to be processed and fulfilled
- We may share your personal information with necessary third parties to enable checks to be carried out. All our credit and debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation from the card issuer
- To support our business operations and audit purposes
- We may provide reputable organisations with information about sales and website usage for the purposes of research and analysis only
- Your non-personal information may be shared with another member of the Laura Ashley Group of Companies, including our holding company and subsidiaries
- Your personal information will be shared, safely and securely, with our third party service providers in order to process and fulfil your orders
- Your email and purchase history may be shared with Trust Pilot to assist with collecting feedback from customers who have had a buying or service experience with FIREHOUSE
- Most web browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox have cookies enabled by default. You can disable them in your settings if you follow the instructions below
- If you choose to ‘share’ FIREHOUSE content over social media such as Facebook, then you may be sent cookies from those websites. We are not responsible for third-party cookies, so please check these websites for their cookie policies
- Our cookies do not store sensitive information such as your name, address, or payment details
- Cookies cannot damage your computer or compromise your account; information from our cookies is encrypted
- A Do Not Track feature is offered by some browsers, requesting that your visit isn’t tracked by third party advertising, social media networks, or analytic companies, however our website does not currently respond to DNT requests. There is currently no industry-wide standard agreed upon for the handling of DNT requests, but we will continue to review DNT and other new technologies
Sometimes when you visit the FIRESHOUSE website, you may notice cookies unrelated to FIREHOUSE. Web pages containing embedded content, for example YouTube videos, may send you cookies from third-party websites. Please visit these websites for information on their cookies and how to manage them.
Affiliate Cookies show us how you found our website and which website you came from
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager’s system allows us to control the tags/pixels which are served on to our web pages, and the data passed into those tags or into reporting. For more information please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy
Google Display Network
These cookies allow us to show you ads based on the products you have viewed on Lauraashley.com. We may recommend alternative styles and colours we believe are relevant to your browsing history. For more information please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy
Google Analytics Tracking
These cookies allow us to measure and observe your behaviour and interactions on our site. This enables us to enhance and improve the customer journey
The audiences targeted are based on demographics and interests, so they are not custom data files that we uploaded based on our customer’s information. For more information please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
How to check cookies are enabled on IOS Safari
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ application from your home screen.
- Find and tap on the ‘Safari’ menu item.
- Under the ‘Privacy & Security’ section tap on the ‘Block cookies’ menu item.
- Select any option other than ‘Always block’.
How to check cookies are enabled on Android internet browsers
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ application from your home screen or under ‘Apps’.
- Under the ‘Device’ section tap on the ‘Applications’ menu item.
- Find and tap the ‘Internet’ menu item.
- Find and tap the ‘Privacy’ menu item.
- Enable ‘Accept cookies’.
For all other browsers, please consult your online Help files.
We would like to continue to display content that’s relevant to you; however, you can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by following the links. (Links open in new windows – please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites.)
Please note though, that if you delete your cookies too, we won’t know that you’ve opted out, because the way in which we register that you’ve opted out is through a cookie; so the banners will reappear when you visit some other websites. You may also wish to visit this website to learn more about the cookies on your device set by other companies, and opt out of them if you wish (opens in a new window – please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
- Try to use different passwords for each of your online accounts. This way if one is ever compromised, the others remain inaccessible to unauthorised parties. Multiple passwords keep your information safer
- Keep passwords private and do not share accounts
- Avoid passwords that contain common phrases like ‘password’, your own name, or details like your phone number
- Try to use a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters to make passwords stronger. We recommend making a password 8 characters or longer
- FIREHOUSE will never ask you to confirm any bank details or credit card details via email, post, or phone. If you receive an email requesting this information that claims to be from us, we recommend that you ignore it. If you’re contacting us regarding an order you have placed please do not include bank or credit card details in your communication
- To protect your privacy, we can only discuss an account or order with the account holder or individual that placed the order
- When you finish shopping online in a public location, logging out of any accounts you have used helps to ensure your data remains secure
The privacy and security of any payments you make with us are high priorities. We ensure your payment and personal details are protected when you shop with us.
- The FIREHOUSE website uses high-level, industry standard SSL Encryption (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. Currently, this is the most advanced security software available for online transactions
- Any sensitive information, such as credit card details, that you share with us is encrypted. This means information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read even in the unlikely event that it is intercepted by an unauthorised party
- We strongly recommend that you only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust. Using unsecured networks like those in public places can pose a risk
- You are always able to check that a page is secure as the beginning of the URL at the top of the page will change from ‘http’ to ‘https’ when you are browsing a protected page. A locked padlock symbol will also appear at the bottom of your window
- Our checkout processes involve security checks from third party services to keep your existing card account protected against any unauthorised use when you shop with us. We work with Verified by Visa and Mastercard SagePay to keep your information safe
- When purchasing in our showroom, SagePay provides our Managed Payment Service software. This is a fully integrated solution, which includes software for handing Point of Sale transactions. Software is certified as PCI compliant.
Your data is yours, and you have the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time. If you ever wish to know the data that FIREHOUSE has of yours, please see the Your Rights section.
How We Protect Your Data:
- FIREHOUSE fully complies with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we treat any information shared with us as confidential
- Customer information is held on secure servers
- We employ security controls which protect the FIREHOUSE IT systems from external attack and unauthorised access
We like to keep you updated about our best offers and new collections, so with your permission, we will send you updates via email, post, or both. This is a completely optional service, and you can opt out at any time.
- Our contact with you will be relevant so you can enjoy great deals and new releases
- We will only ask you for things like feedback, and never for personal information such as payment details
- Payment card details in the event that you place an order with us
- Tips, guidance, and lifestyle information will help you make the most of our products
- Alternatively, if you receive an email from us and you no longer want to be subscribed to our mailing list, you can scroll to the bottom and click on ‘unsubscribe’ to stop receiving emails from us, or contact customer services.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at ico.org.uk.
For more information on Google Display Network, the company we use to help us create these advertisements please visit their website for more details.
Lakestone Heationg Ltd is a company, Registered in England and Wales under Company registration no.9747397 with the head office at
Kentmill, Beezon Fields,